15 homes in Hancock were evacuated Friday morning after a gas leak was found at a vacant home. The Hancock Fire Department reports the residence was near the 450 block of East Front St. and the leak was discovered by NYSEG crews reading meters. The gas odor was detected in the street resulting in the fire department evacuaing a 1,000 foot perimeter. A section of East Front street was also closed to State Highway 97. The area was given the all-clear about an hour later.

More From 100.3 & 94.7 The Eagle WDHI-FM